Immigration Defense Matters:
When you or your loved one are detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), there is no time to lose, and a small mistake can mean the difference between a chance to mount a defense before an Immigration Judge and an expedited deportation.
Our attorneys, Maryam Al-Zoubi and Damjan Denoble, bring dozens of bond and removal cases before the Stewart Detention Center every year. They know how to contact the right ICE officers to ask for bond, in cases where a discretionary ICE bond is merited, and they know when to bide their time and prepare the strongest possible bond case to go before a judge in Stewart Detention Center or at the Charlotte immigration court.
In a word, we are fearless. For the clients we take on, we view our job as being, essentially, to put on a vigorous defense, and to exhaust all options for those whom they work with. Often the difference between a winning case and a losing one is opening just one additional door, or looking at just one more additional option.
For that reason we have a few mantras when we choose to represent someone in a bond or removal defense hearing:
- We will not pursue relief if it is impossible, but we will absolutely pursue relief that may have even a small chance of succeeding. It is our job to make the most persuasive argument, and it is the job of the judge to decide on its acceptability.
- We will conduct all non-calendaring hearings in person. This means that we will travel in person to the immigration center or immigration court. We do this so that win or lose, you or your loved one will have your day in court.
- We will pursue multiple avenues of relief at once, and this is included in our flat fee.
- We will only stay in touch with one person throughout the pendency of our defense, and we will not communicate with multiple families because this brings confusion into the case
- We would rather that we put together a good case than a quick one. Many law firms will tell you they are fast - and we do act quickly to help - but sometimes fast is the enemy of effective in bond cases. A bond that's copy and pasted together almost always wastes a precious chance to get a family member out. All of our legal products are bespoke, because every case is different.
Families Matter as Much as the Person Detained:
When someone gets detained by ICE the consequences on family, friends, and even the larger immigrant community can be severe. That is why we have created an entire department within our law firm to deal with the mental, emotional, and even monetary needs of families. If a breadwinner gets arrested, we help families find resources to help them pay rent, buy food, and get necessities like baby diapers. We also work hard to make sure that all family members know of mental health services, which can be indispensable during the time that a loved one may be away.
We prioritize removal and bond cases:
Our firm handles many different kinds of cases, but we will drop most of our ongoing work during times of crisis to respond to removal and bond scenarios. This means you can count on us to be there when you need our help. That's our promise.