We Help You Secure Your Life’s Work
Our goal is to help immigrants families their life’s work and secure their future by accounting for all of their assets, both in the United States and in their country of origin. In doing so we understand that international estate planning is a different beast from purely domestic estate planning. Using our network of foreign legal professionals, we will custom tailor wills and tax strategies to help you maximize your abroad assets. Sometimes this may mean drafting wills in conjunction with a foreign attorney, using joint language to make sure that your final wishes are respected in every applicable jurisdiction. At other times, based on what is best for you, we may recommend the drafting of an international will, based on international law, that will likeise be respected and enforceable in all relevant jurisdictions.
The issues are incredibly complex in international estate planning, and there are other strategies that we employ to make sure that you are best protected and, ultimately, feel comfortable and in control of your international holdings. To this end, our firm helps clients with the following, non-exhaustive list of services:
- Avoid problems between loved ones by creating wills, health directives and powers of attorney,
- Work to prevent assets by governments or individuals abroad by strategic lobbying and international litigation efforts;
- Help individuals establish multiple national identities in a way that does not endanger their U.S. citizenship rights;
- Translate key documents;
- Secure protections for holdings through specialized insurance policies, and international tax and property structuring; and
- Create a client-tailored system for organizing and keeping in touch with key people, professionals, and organizations in your home-country abroad, who will help ensure that your assets are protected.
Our Services Are For Life
We understand, as you should, that protecting and consolidating your assets and interests across the world is a process. Sometimes, it can take years. We assure you that once you become a client – no matter what size job you initially hire us for – we will be available to advise and continue to help you whenever you need it. As a firm that is founded on immigration law, we are well-aware that important milestones take time to complete and that a lawyer’s commitment to her clients must be long enough to meet the client at the finish line of any task.
We Have the International Experience You Need
Our founding lawyer, Damjan DeNoble, has won international recognition from global news organizations like the Financial Times for his work with companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets like China, Vietnam, Myanmar, Hong Kong, and Singapore. He has also worked extensively in European economies. What this experience brings to you is an understanding that culture, politics, and local customs matter when dealing with any legal issue. Combined with the talents of the rest of our legal team, this international perspective can help us tackle the unique challenges of immigrant families with a global footprint.