You want to work in the United States and we want to help you. Unlike most other countries, the United States doesn’t have one, all-encompassing work-visa. Instead, there are nearly 20 categories of visas (including “Green cards” or permanent immigrant visas) that may apply to any individual case. Of these the most common are the H-1B, L-1, J-1. and P-1 through P-3 categories, although there many others.
Depending on where you are in the world, it will be necessary to apply for a visa in your home-country consulate and to have the sponsorship of a qualifying US-based employer (this includes US branches or US subsidiaries of foreign companies). We can help you figure out which work visa strategy is best for you. And, our services support both foreign-based work visa petitions and domestic petitions through change of status.
If you are an employer, we offer special services and packages. Read More »
If you suspect your sponsoring employer is abusing your rights
As a work visa holder, not only do you have certain rights and limitations that you must abide by, your employer does as well. If you feel you are being bullied, extorted, or otherwise mistreated by your employer on account of their sponsorship of your visa, or if you believe that your employer is abusing the visa program in any way, let us know. We can help protect you. In many cases, allowing the abuse to go on will not only continue to make your life miserable, but will also endanger your future visa chances.
Work Visa Criteria
- Majority of available work-visa category applications require employer sponsorship that is approved by U.S. Gov’t agencies
- Rights of work visa holders vary, and depend on factors like education-level and level of training
- Length of stay for work visas varies, and some visas allow for easier transfer of status than others
- Financial arrangements sufficient to support alien throughout length of stay in the U.S.
- Acceptance in an appropriate program
- Documentation showing all of the above
- See more about each type of visa on our blog or on the articles listed below
How Can Bull City Lawyer Help You?
- Bull City Lawyer will guide you through figuring out which work visa category is best for you
- We help with applications and/or change of status applications
- We will provide practical and legal guidance on what work visas make the most sense given your needs and goals for future U.S. immigration, residency, or naturalization
- We will protect you from abuse from sponsoring employers